The 'Jewel of Khmer Art'. Built in 967 AD by a counsellor of King Rajendravarman, Yajnavaraha, this is a small temple and is built of pink sandstone, thus retaining its delicate architecture despite the ravages of time, unlike Angkor Wat which was built two centuries later. The name translates as 'Citadel of Women' or 'Citadel of Beauty'. The scale of the buildings is much smaller than normal, and the walls are almost completely covered in artwork. The temple is dedicated to Shiva and was only discovered in 1914.